Both of our moms were in frenzied packing mode yesterday, and Dennis and I even managed to help some despite work commitments.
Things that are still not done:
- front step built
- front porch columns completed
- 2nd bathroom vanities installed (they measured the bathrooms wrong; we didn't find out until last week, so the vanities had to be reordered.
- master bath shower enclosure is not done (or ordered; once ordered, it'll be 7-10 days)
- lights installed over kitchen island or in guest bedroom (both are on backorder)
- half bath vanity top cut for sink
- half bath sink installed (found out 3 days ago that the faucet we were going to use in there will not fit; new possible faucets have been ordered and will not arrive until 6/24)
- plaster repairs
- gutters installed
- kitchen countertop and associated kitchen sink/faucet install (as per the previous post on that topic)
- construction cleanup (hahaha)
Rumor has it that grout is being sealed and the furnace is going in today.
But yeah, we're moving into a house that has 2 working sinks (both in the master bath) and, effectively, one working shower (in the 2nd bath). Of course, we have no bathroom mirrors (need 5), no curtains at all, and no toilet paper holders or towel rods.
We also haven't called to cut off our current utilities, set up new ones (well, we've set up some of the new ones), deal with trash pickup, or changed our address with the post office. (I'm sure I'm forgetting something on that end.)
What a freaking adventure. I suppose we should have known and just planned the move for the end of July. Of course, then we'd only have 2 months to get the house ready for baby. He's due in just over 100 days, but I'd rather have things squared away at least a couple of weeks before that.
No comments:
Post a Comment