I know you're shocked.
Apparently, they just measured for the kitchen countertops today and promised delivery by June 26. June 26! Only then can the plumber come and install the kitchen faucet (he'll come before that and install/hook up all of the toilets, showers, and other sinks/tubs).
And we can't get an occupancy permit until we have a working sink. And there's a chance that the rest of the plumbing won't be turned on (no flushie the toilets) until ALL of the plumbing can be turned on. Which will make it hard to (unofficially) live in the house for the week of June 23.
And we supposedly can't unpack anything in the kitchen until after the countertops are installed - 2 weeks from today.
So, now we're not sure what's next. Do we move everything into the garage next weekend and then move into the house? That's basically like moving twice. If we go ahead and move stuff into the rest of the house next weekend, will it be in the way of the ongoing work? CAN we even put the appliances in the kitchen before the countertops are in?
What a mess. I always knew we wouldn't be in by May 28. But first I was thinking mid-June (like this coming weekend). Then I was thinking early June (like, that we'd be moved by now). Then I was dealing with/planning for the third weekend in June. Now it might be the 4th.
In other news...
- No real updates on the doors. We have a call out to the millwork guy but went ahead with the rest of the installation. Didn't want that holding us back, for sure.
- We still don't have a connected sewer line. Apparently an attempt was made on Tuesday to connect it, but there had been too much rain and the person from the sewer district didn't want to close the line to make the connection for fear of its backing up into other people's houses. I hope they have the same consideration for us someday.
- 4 lights are still on back-order. We ordered them weeks ago; I can't imagine what kind of complicated lights these are. One is a basic $20 clip light that we put in a ton of other rooms & closets. Weirdness.
- No word on when the plaster person will come back and do repairs.
- The master bath shower glass/door is in progress. I don't know what stage - it may just be that someone has an appointment to come out and measure it. No one has asked me what kind of door/glass we want. Given what's happened with the doors, I may want to have a clearer picture of exactly what we're getting.
- 2nd bathroom cabinets, countertops, and sinks are installed. Yay!
- I haven't been there all week, so I can't say what the status is on remaining grout and tile. I think it's safe to say there's a lot left.
- Ditto for the front step - maybe it's in, maybe it isn't. We'll have to move several things in through the front door. It would be nice not to have to climb up a 3' step (over a giant hole) to get up to the porch.
- Dennis thinks that the attic insulation was finally put in. Most excellent.
No comments:
Post a Comment