We do like the floors, even if they don't have nearly as much charm as the ones in our current house. I really like how much more finished the place looks with real floors instead of subfloor!
I'm still a bit antsy about being able to move in less than 2 short weeks! Among the items that still need to be completed:
- Finishing the %$^$#@ sewer line. Come on, people!
- Installation of ALL lights, plus switches and sockets.
- Installation of remaining cabinets (including waiting on some replacement parts for those that arrived damaged in the first shipment)
- Installation of countertops (for the kitchen, this means templating, then cutting/delivering the granite)
- Installation of all sinks, toilets, and faucets
- Completion of the master bathroom floor tile
- Installation of the master bathroom wall tile in the shower and all around the tub
Grouting of all tile in the master bath
- Grouting of shower wall tile in the 2nd bath
- Delivery of the half bath vanity & vanity top
- Templating and custom cutting the half bath vanity top to fit our sink from Mexico
- Sealing of all grout in laundry room, kitchen, half bath, 2nd bath, and master bath
- Finishing the columns & railing on the front porch
- Installation of the front porch step that Dennis dug a hole for last weekend.
- Finish that last bit of hardwood floor
Delivery & installation of all interior doors and trim
- Installation of dishwasher and microwave (other appliances to be installed by us upon move-in)
- Minor plaster repairs (of course, this will require repainting on our end after move-in)
- Shelving/hanging systems in all closets & pantry
- Installation of all gutters
- Cleanup! It's a mess, inside and out, with construction debris.
We'll either do it ourselves later or have him come back on our dime. He's a good tile guy. (Yeah, it's our dime now, but you know what I mean.)Speaking of tile, I ordered the accent tile for the half bath. I actually got a sample this time, and it looks great with the sink. Almost makes up for my $45 mistake with the other tile. It should be here sometime this week. I hope they can get that done - one less thing for us to worry about after the fact.
No comments:
Post a Comment