We've spent a LOT of time and money at Home Depot lately. Just yesterday, I bought 11 gallons of paint. That's on top of the 20 or 30 we already bought. We also bought some lighting, 2 sinks for the 2nd bathroom, and appliances. Well, Sears got the appliance $, but you get my point.
We finally have paint colors for the entire house. Let's see if I can run them all down:
Entryway: Sands of Time

Dining Room Walls - Bracing Blue
Dining Room Ceiling - Upward
Office Walls - Connected Gray (which isn't really gray at all...)
Living Room Walls - Sands of Time
Living Room Accent Wall - Pennywise
Kitchen - Sands of Time
Breakfast - Sands of Time
Breakfast Accent Wall - Pennywise
Bedroom Hallway - Nice White
Laundry Room - Reticence
Half Bath Walls - Jonquil
Half Bath Ceiling - Pennywise
Guest Bedroom - Clary Sage
Nursery - shade of baby blue TBD (we have 5 shades of blue in the works throughout the house already - surely one of them will be OK for this room.)
2nd Bathroom (incl. both vanities) - Reticence
Master Bedroom - Sleepy Blue
Master Bedroom Hallway - Languid Blue
Master Bathroom - Meditative
None of the closets are painted yet. I'd like to paint them (just white) to help keep the plaster looking fresh, but I don't think that's going to happen unless we get a LOT of painting help in the next week or so.
I love almost all of it. I do think we had to make too many color decisions too quickly, and it does show. If I had it to do over (and I certainly do not), I would probably change (if only slightly) the guest bedroom, laundry room, dining room, and possibly the master bathroom. And I really hope the 2nd bathroom color goes with whatever we do in there, since we haven't actually chosen anything yet. Oh well.
Pics below - 2nd bath sinks (Kohler Archer), Microwave (Kenmore Elite 80829), and the dishwasher (Kenmore Elite 13159). Yeah, they pretty much just look like a standard sink, microwave, and dishwasher. But somehow the appliance purchases seem like a big deal since we researched them for what seems like an eternity.



Next up: Choosing & buying a kitchen sink!
1 comment:
Connected Gray? Really? You're right, it isn't really gray at all.
Post a Comment