Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I can't believe *WE* get to live here!

Long time, no updates... mostly because we've been too busy doing stuff over there to actually post about it. But I've been taking pictures!

Terry has finally conceded that he won't be finished by May 28. Good thing we knew that a long time ago, or we'd be very disappointed. We're now shooting for final trim-out the week of June 16 and moving most of the big stuff the weekend of June 20. So, another month.

There's SO much to update... I'll just throw in a ton of pictures and (mostly) let them speak for themselves.


Photos from 5/10
Wow! What a world of difference some plaster makes! The rooms seemed incredibly small with the dark gray drywall. When it's all white, it seems much bigger.





Photos from 5/16
On this day, we began priming. It's so much easier to paint when there is no flooring or trim to mask off. Dennis painted from 6pm - 6am.




Photos from 5/18
Really, we worked all weekend in the house. Bud even came over and helped on both Saturday and Sunday. We managed to get everything primed except the hallway, half bath, 2nd bath, and closets, and we got one coat of "real" paint on the living room, kitchen, breakfast, entryway, and laundry room. Sadly, I am still investigating paint colors for the office, nursery, 2nd bath, master bath, and master bedroom. And I think I went too dark in the laundry room, so that might require a do-over. :(

Thankfully, the hardwood floors still won't be in next weekend, so we'll have a few more days to paint.


No comments: