Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Lighting update

HA! Our original lighting allowance/budget was $1250. Our quote from the lighting store is
$2741.40, and I don't think that includes any recessed lighting, of which there will be a considerable amount. Obviously, we can cut that down quite a bit, but I don't see how we can halve it without sacrificing a lot of aesthetics.

The good news is that lighting - unlike, say, flooring or cabinetry - is easy to switch out just about any time. So, worst case, we just go cheap now and start upgrading lights one at a time.

I wonder what would happen if I just went to Home Depot with my lighting list and came up with stuff there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you - take your lighting list to Lowes or Home Depot and you can probably get the same thing or something very similar for much less than you would at a lighting store. Even with a builder's discount or whatever. Especially for the boring flush mounts. But you can get some pretty nice looking bathroom sconces for less, also. Save the $ for the big, flashy lights, like chandeliers for the DR and maybe nice pendants in the kitchen or wherever. - Missy