Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Weather forecast

It's not looking good. After 2 days down last week due to extremely low temperatures, it looks like this week might not be so productive, either.

On Monday, the floor joists went up (see previous post). On Tuesday, the weather was gorgeous in the morning. When I went to lunch, it was 68 degrees. Within 6 hours, the temperature had dropped more than 50 degrees to 17. I think we bottomed out Tuesday night around 12 degrees or so.

It was cold today, but not freezing, so there's a chance the subfloor is up... just in time for SIX INCHES of snow! We're due for thunderstorms turning to snow on Thursday, with more snow Friday morning and an estimated accumulation of six inches.

I wonder what 6" of snow does to an exposed subfloor. (Maybe they'll cover it with tarps at least?)

Oh well. I guess that gives us that much more time to decide on lighting and flooring and countertops and the like.

No comments: