Sunday, January 4, 2009

2 more projects!

Tootsie & Pop came up this week to visit sweet baby Dexter, and while they were here, Pop seemed excited to have house projects to work on.

First, he put the wall tile up in the half bath! I've had this tile burning the proverbial hole in my pocket since June. I have a clear vision to go with it, but not the resources to execute. In any case, the wall tile was the first step in the process, and it is up and looking fabulous!



The inspiration was this mirror from Vanico-Maronyx's "Linea" collection. But that one costs $1200. So we are DIYing and will actually end up with something much better/more suitable for this room. Bud has been tasked with framing it out and putting the mirror up. He seems excited to have a project, too. I think it is going to be amazing when it's finished.

Also, Terry came yesterday to take out the vanity top that he damaged 4 months ago. It will be replaced with black granite. Not ideal, but it seemed to be the best we could do.

Heck. An actual mirror and an undamaged vanity top? Soon it will look like a real bathroom!

Pop's second project was hanging the large mirror on the dining room wall. This mirror used to be above the fireplace in the old house. It's approximately 4 feet x 6 feet, so it is heavy and required more than a simple picture hanger or nail, which is why it has been in the garage since the move in June.

I still feel like we need to find something to put on either side to help fill up the wall, but for now, I think it is an incredible improvement! I love this mirror (and it was such a great find!), and I'm so excited to finally have it up in this house! (Tootsie and Dexter had to check it out immediately. I'm glad there's a baby who lives in that mirror to keep Dexter company when he is in there.)

The next project might be the fireplace. We shall see.

No comments: