Thursday, February 7, 2008

We have framing!

Pictures to follow - I got a new computer today and don't have Photoshop installed yet to make nice labels for the pics.

I wish I could say that we now had a definitive answer in the "it looks small," "it looks huge," "it looks small" saga. Some rooms seem small; others seem quite nicely sized. The master bedroom seems narrow but long. The half bath is more than sufficient; the kids' bedrooms seem smallish, and given the placement of doors and windows, I have no idea how we'll position some of the furniture in there.

The second bathroom seems cramped - we knew it wasn't spacious, but, well, now it seems cramped. The laundry/mudroom also seems cramped - only four feet from the door to the broom closet, and the short length makes it seem like there really won't be much room to walk around in there once the washer and dryer are in.

The pantry seems OK, but it only has 3 walls, so that fourth wall might really close it in a lot. The den/office seems small, too (less than 10' deep and maybe 11' across) - our fault for chopping off 2' for closets. But I think it'll be perfect as an office.

The master bath isn't fully framed, but it seems big, too (as we knew it was).


...... update ......

Dennis just got back from the lot and has professed all of the rooms to be huge. Funny guy. (I'm sure the rooms are fine. I'm just envisioning them with furniture, and maybe the furniture in my head is bigger than the furniture in reality.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's very hard for the average person to envision what those rooms will actually feel lke once the walls are up. Just don't buy any new furniture until the drywall is in! - Missy